Saturday, February 4, 2012

When I was a child, I wanted to become an archaeologist...

When I was a little girl, I wanted to become an archaeologist. Seriously. I could think of nothing that would fulfill me more than sifting through dirt with a toothbrush to find a treasure. Indeed, I would come home from school with my pockets and lunchbox full of finds, I always had my head down looking at every crack in the sidewalk. Money, jewelry, bits and pieces of hardware would all find their way home with me. Then the dreams would begin as I inspected each piece, and wondered what it was, where it came from, how long it had been sitting undiscovered or how many times others had stepped on it, surely not recognizing it's value (at least in a child's eye!). And so it began...

After a lot of introspection, I have decided to start sharing my perspective on this unique business. Having spent the past 15 years of my life immersed daily in the hunting, gathering, learning, caressing and lastly passing on of beautiful things to new homes, I hope to journal those adventures and finds here. We are, after all, just caretakers for those treasures from the past that momentarily land in our hands on their journey into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment